What to Expect
Acupuncture is an extremely powerful yet gentle form of treatment. The needles are extremely thin, sterile and are used only once on each patient before being discarded. The sensations felt upon insertion of an acupuncture needle can range from warmth, distension, pressure, dull ache, and tingling. To find out more about acupuncture and other techniques used during acupuncture treatments please visit our services page.
Following your initial acupuncture visit your practitioner will recommend a course of treatment as well as possible lifestyle and herbal therapy recommendations.
How soon you feel the benefits of treatment depends on varying factors. Often clients with acute issues such as pain from an injury may feel the benefits of their treatment immediately or within just a few sessions. A more chronic issue may require multiple visits. You and your acupuncturist will continually reassess your condition to optimize the direction of treatment. One key factor in the success of treatment relies on patient compliance, i.e. following dietary, exercise and lifestyle recommendations. We like to remind our patients that they are equal partners in the quest for optimal health.
- Please arrive 20 minutes early to fill out paperwork if you haven’t already done so.
- Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothing. Also, do not brush your tongue the day of your appointment, as the tongue’s appearance is important in your diagnosis.
- Following your acupuncture session it is best to relax. It is recommended that you also avoid alcohol, greasy food and forego intense physical activity the day of the session.
- Appointment times are available Monday – Saturday; however, the hours vary by health professional and by the service.
- We accept personal checks, cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover and flex plan cards.
- All practitioners at the Lotus Studio request 24 hour cancellation or rescheduling notice. Less than 24 hours may result in a cancellation fee.